Sunday, August 21, 2011

Elly's Journal

*scraps of paper are secured over the page.  Bits she was able to write while she was captured.  Might not be in order.*

[  Why is it when finally faced with a situation where you have been a thousand times on the rescuing end, and while you completed said challenge you remember saying to yourself "I could of gotten myself out of that." well It's bullshit.  I can't.  I've tried.  ]

[What I wouldn't give for one spoonful of Jaen's rabbit stew.  Just a drop.  ]

[It's dark now.  I caught one of the other slaves trying to steal my wedding ring off me while I slept.   Too bad for him it was pretty much welded to my skin now.  Thanks Augustus, no really, I wouldn't have felt it if the man hadn't tugged me out of sleep.  All I could manage was a weak. "Fuck off."  I am disappointed in myself.]

[ The boy/girl forsaken keeps returning to me at night.  She always comes back.  She gives me small bits of her own rations.  She is just another nameless servant to Augustus.  She had a more simplistic style of the collar around her narrow wrist.  It was impressive technology.  Designed for undead.  Holy runs sketched into the band.  Not enough to incinerate but it would hurt....and continue to burn long after.   The undead risks a lot to tell me these things.  These bits of parchment help pass the time. ]

[  If I ever see him again I will hold him tight and never let him go. Why didn't I wait for him?  I just wanted a bath.  Has he given up on me?  No...no he will come.  They all will.  Wont they?   ]

[  He is relentless with this thing.  I can hear and smell my flesh burning to a crisp.  Where the fuck are they! ]

[  I can't lift these chain anymore.  No food or water now for days.  Sleep.  Sleep. ]

[The forsaken came again.  She told me there is an attack mounting on the pirate hideout where they are staying.  Things might get rough.  It must be busy because Augustus only tortured me for an hour this morning.]