Thursday, August 25, 2011

Elly's Journal

There is so much yet I haven't done in life.  Almost dying made me realize I am not getting any younger.  I will always have the scars now, so obvious and taunting, to remind me how much I still need to do.

I just saw Illy off as they brought Jaen in.   Covered in bandages, black and blue.  They left him in my care.  I have no idea what happened but I had never been so scared.  Not even when -everything- scared the shit out of me.  So I will stay by his bedside like I had been.  I know he hates being weighted on.  I can see the building frustration in his face.  But he will know there is a time for war and a time for healing.  I love being able to be there for him.

On the other hand apparently I am a fucking child.  I don't take orders as I should.  I'm a smart ass, hard headed, fiery,bad mouthed child.  A problem child at that.  I fucked up.  Bad.  I made several people very angry over a dumb stunt.  Even worse I have such a headache.  Stupid fucking log had to be there.  I hope I didn't wake up Jaen with my pitiful sobbing.  I need to grow up.  I am coddled.  Illy comes to my defense at every turn.  She has so much to do and she was still there for me.  I am so selfish.  I made Mel angry.  He left because of that stupid joke.  I thought it would be funny.   Am I turning into someone who can't be depended upon.  Is that why Xyn sent so many with me on such an easy mission?   I don't think I will ever be able to prove myself.  I have fucking issues I think.  Like....I don't know.  Something wrong with how I act from growing up on my own.

I just wanted to laugh.  I wanted to make others laugh.  Next time I will just throw myself in the water.  Is this why nobody laughs anymore?  Are the consequences just...too much for them?  We are all going to snap.  I need to get Jaen back in shape so I can leave.  Just like everyone else seems to be doing.

My stomach hurts.